We all have tough days. The key is not to let bad days become your life.
Get right back on the good train when a bad day happens.
“And doesn’t this just turn me into a positive thinking robot?” you ask?
Well, yes and no…
The question is – would you rather have happier thoughts or miserable thoughts?
(I know what I’d rather have.)
I heard once a quote saying, “The bad days are where it’s even more important to practise the best of yourself” or something like to this.
So – in other words, be even more committed to yourself and your family when a bad day hits, even though you don’t feel like it.
Even though it’s a struggle, and all you want to do is run away.
By forcing yourself to do so.
And this is where these inspirational quotes come in.
These quotes sum up the strength of motherhood. They help lift your day if it’s been a tough one.
Whether you’re a single mother, a working mom or a new mom sitting at home cradling your baby, these quotes will hit you on a level that make you believe in how strong you are.
A mother’s love knows no limit. Yet it doesn’t make it easy.
It’s my hope that with this post, you no longer struggle, but feel empowered with a fire lit deep within your belly.
Or maybe, you just enjoy browsing these quotes, making yourself a cuppa, and having a sit down.
Either is good!
Inspirational Quotes for Struggling Moms
- “To the world, you are a mother, but to your family, you are the world.” —Unknown
- “When you are a mother, you are never alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” – Kate Winslet
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Meymillod
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
- “There is no role in life more essential than motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” —Gail Tsukiyama
- “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” —Robert A. Heinlein
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
- What’s certain is your baby only knows you. She loves you so much, more than you can imagine. You are her world. She trusts you, believes in you, and only wants to be close to you. All.The.Time.” – Sophie Slosarczyk
- “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” – Jesse Jackson
- “If you’ve never been hated by your child, you’ve never been a parent.” – Bette Davis
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up” – Babe Ruth
- “She believed she could, so she did.” – R.S. Grey
- “Acknowledging the huge role you play in your child’s life is HUGE. The acknowledgement and reality. There is nothing bigger than being a parent.” – Sophie Slosarczyk
- “To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language. – Arlene Benedict
- “To be a mother is to wear your heart on your sleeve.” – Sophie Slosarczyk
- “Being a mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had… and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed” – Linda Wooten
- “We’re all winging it as much as each other! Relax, breathe, and let go. It will all be OK.” – Sophie Slosarczyk
To be a good mom is to be real.
To be your best self around your kids is the greatest gift you can give them. There is no ‘perfect mother’ out there.
Only real moms, and that’s what matters.
Successful mothers know that there are good and bad days, and not to fixate on one or the other, but to get right back in the game if ever a bad day knocks you off track.
Strong Mom Quotes
- “Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.” – Jodi Picoult
- “The changes we dread most may contain our salvation.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “You know what to do, you’ve just got to follow through and take action” – Sophie Slosarczyk
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
- At the end of the day, you can’t control the results; you can only control your effort level and your focus. – Ben Zobrist
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
- “Things are never as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” — Bill Watterson
- “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.”—Lance Conrad
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”—Jessica Lange
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.”—Unknown
- “Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It’s the mastery of fear. It’s about getting up one more time than we fall down.”― Arianna Huffington
- “A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles” – Washington Irving
- “She will rise with a spine of steel and a roar like thunder. She will rise.” — Nicole Lyons
- “It might not be easy, but it’s worth it” – unknown
- “You know what you’re doing mama. You just gotta shut out the noise and chaos and tune in to your inner goodness. It knows the way.” – Sophie Slosarczyk
- “There is no passion to in playing small – in settling for a life less than the one you are capable of living”. — Nelson Mandela
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.”- Erma Bombeck
- “A good mother is a mother who listens, understands and comforts even though she may need that exact same thing herself” – Sophie Slosarczyk
- “Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.” — Tim Fargo
Avoid the Cycle of Perfectionism
Hard days are not a sign of anything wrong – let me make that clear!
They are a part of life and every person experiences them.
Words of encouragement are exactly what’s needed when tough days inevitably hit us.
Strong mothers know the fastest way to a good day is to become intentional about it.
Reading the quotes. Doing some self-care. Taking a big deep breath here or there, and reminding yourself that your kids don’t try to annoy you on purpose (much, lol).
Understanding that you are a cyclical being and can’t be on the up the whole time. It’s impossible! The natural laws state that life has ebbs and flows.
Also, reminding yourself that you too need a mother figure in some fashion – whether you mother yourself from the inside (inner child work) or whether you have an emotionally present mother in your life, or lean on friends for this support.
And of course, your children need you the most. It’s a lot to take on, I know.
So the next time you find yourself struggling, read these quotes.
Read them once, twice, three times in a row, and feel yourself instantly lift up.
And know this mama, you’re really doing a great job.