Hello! I’m Sophie – a mummy to two young boys, a blogger, a published poet and the creator of Mamas Find Your Voice.
I’m a slow-living, nature-loving woman with an adventurous body & soul.
We live in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside of England (UK) and love drinking tea, walking to feed the ducks, and pottering in our vegetable patch that overlooks sheep fields.
I got interested in eco-living during the pandemic – our refuse bin changed its collection dates, and I realized,
“holy s*it! How much stuff do we dump?”
I was mortified. So made it my goal to buy less and waste less.
Here are some changes we made to reduce waste and live more ‘eco’ friendly:
- We food shopped once every 2 weeks, buying only what we planned to eat (minimal wastage apart from certain packaging)
- Made a compost heap for our food waste
- Switched to reusable nappies when at home
- Reused things I’d normally throw away (solid cardboard boxes became storage for toilet rolls for vegetable seeds etc)
- Took single-use plastic bags to supermarkets for recycling
- Stopped using cling wrap
- Stopped using kitchen roll
- Changed to eco-friendly cleaning items
- Used an eco-egg for our laundry
- Switched to good old-fashioned soap in the bathroom!
Fun facts: Get to know me
I’m Sagittarius (truly)
I speak Polish (conversationally.)
I swear by hot water and lemon in the mornings (better than coffee!)
I’m a freelance writer (when the kiddies sleep)
I ran a comprehensive, successful course called Busting Anxiety In Motherhood, which is enrolled by more than 2000 women worldwide.
I’m a qualified Wellness Coach (LL Cert) and Medical Imaging Specialist (BSc/PgD) and often share blogs under these topics.
I wrote an awesome ebook on Journaling that you can buy here.
That’s me in a nutshell!