A Fantastic List of Good Habits
You’re aware that habits rule your life, right? Yet how often do you choose to cultivate good habits?
More likely, you’re trying so hard to beat bad habits, knowing they’re nigh on impossible to break – ending in a cycle of never ending despair.
OK, so I’m exaggerating a little there with the despair, but how handy would it be to have a list of good habits that you can dip in and out of whenever you need?
Well, this is exactly why I’ve created a list of good daily habits, directly in this post!
The habits are divided into segments to make it easier to pick and choose which you’d like to adopt.
And a little side note: When you choose a good habit, it’s likely you’ll be booting out a bad one in its place. How cool is that?
Read on to discover the fantastic list of good habits!
Good Habits for Health & Lifestyle
- Eat regular meals – breakfast is not to be skipped!
- Focus on eating healthier meals & snacks instead of dieting.
- Drink waaaaaay more water.
- Chew your food slowly and mindfully.
- Exercise outdoors every day. A morning run is the best!
- Get some physical exercise every day in some form or other.
- Get outdoors and breathe fresh air daily.
- Make sure you get dressed properly, even if you’re staying in.
- Moisturise. Your whole body if you can!
- Breathe deeply more often. Try out the 4, 7, 8 technique (in for 4, hold for 7,out for 8)
- Reduce refined sugar.
- Drink less caffeine & alcohol.
- Drink more non caffeine herbal teas (mint & camomile are my faves)
- Cook fresh at home more often.
- Read something not online every day (e.g a book or magazine).
- Reduce your time scrolling social media.
- Spend at least 15 minutes a day in the ‘no stress’ zone. Relax and enjoy some ‘you time’.
- Practise using your willpower once a day. Resist the cookie. Close the fridge. Willpower is a muscle that must be worked!
- Get more organised. Plan meals in advance, and batch cook ahead of time.
- Reduce take out food.
- Get yourself weighed and ascertain your ideal weight.
- Bring on a form of personal development.
- Start a journaling practise.
- Practise mirror work.
- Say positive affirmations daily.
- Mix up your meals. Aim to cook one new meal every week and surprise your family.
- Focus on one thing at a time (challenge yourself to hold your focus for ten mins or longer before switching tasks).
- Listen to more audio books or podcasts.
- Stretch your body daily. Try yoga or Pilates to help with your fitness.
- Commit to one micro change every week. Big things come from taking small steps.
Good Habits for Self Development
- Start a gratitude list. Check out this gorgeous gratitude journal, waiting to be filled. Every day write down 3 things you’re grateful for in it.
- Set an intention for your day, every day. What do you want to achieve today?
- Use your mistakes as experience. There’s no such thing as failure, only feedback!
- Try something new and challenge yourself to leave your comfort zone regularly.
- Take a new course online and stick with it until the end.
- Don’t multitask! Make being focused your key goal.
- Learn a new skill or hobby.
- Get your finances in order. Set up a spreadsheet of your expenses and outgoings per month.
- Keep your house tidy.
- Make your bed first thing. This sets your day ahead!
- Journal about your dreams, goals and ambitions.
Good Habits in the Workplace
- Know your role and stick to it. Boundaries at work are important.
- Don’t skip lunch.
- Go for a lunchtime walk to set you up for a brighter afternoon.
- Know that it’s OK to say no if you’re being asked to do too much.
- Ask for help whenever you need to.
- Have a vision for your work. Where do you want to get to with it? Let your boss know.
- Set goals and stick to them.
- Leave work at work. Home is home time!
Good Habits For Your Bank Account
- Be more aware of how you spend your money. Are you frivolous and need to save, or vice versa?
- Pop a portion of your salary into a savings account every month.
- Set aside a portion of your salary for treats each month. You deserve it!
- Research the best savings and investment options.
- Do online grocery shopping, so you can track your spend each week.
- Make a packed lunch for work instead of buying lunch.
- Don’t spend past your budget. That’s why budgets are there in the first place!
- Try and pay off outstanding debt as quickly as possible.
Good Habits for Emotional Health & Stress Relief
- Focus on relaxing every evening.
- Try meditation.
- Have more hot baths and light some candles.
- Check in with yourself by starting a journal practise.
- See a therapist if you need to offload some things.
- Practise taking a deep breath before acting on impulse.
- Try the ‘flip’ with any negative thoughts. Flip your worst nightmare to your best ever outcome in your head as soon as you see it coming in.
- Start a Mindfulness practise.
- Talk more and think less!
- Understand that thoughts aren’t reality.
- Exercise regularly to burn off excess stress adrenaline.
- Go to bed earlier to get a better night’s sleep.
- Ask for help if you need it. There is always help out there.
- Read this book to get rid of stress.
Last Minute Good Habits
- Breathe. It’s going to be OK!
- Focus on having more fun and less worry.
- Spend more time with those you love the most.
- Define your values in life and stick to them.
- Surround yourself with positive people. You are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most with!
- Don’t take life so seriously.
- Know that you’ve got this!
Choose a few of the good habits listed here and commit to them! See how you go, and feel proud of your achievements by adopting some of these good habits.
Pop a comment if you love this post! And check out this post if you love lists after reading this!
Leave a Reply